I hope you will take just a moment to read this special blog post. I have a new book which is available on Amazon and Kindle, “Fixing Post-Truth Politics.” The “launch” for the book is this coming weekend (June 10). As part of a successful book launch, positive reader feedback on Amazon.com is helpful. I’m asking your help. Please watch the video below, and then read the rest of this message.
Download the book: http://buy.posttruthbook.com
This book will be of particular interest to you if, like me, you found yourself completely disgusted with the unsuitability of the candidates for president we had to choose from in 2016. Utilizing a combination of my personal experiences and research, there are two primary themes to this book:
1) How we as a nation reached this point
2) What we as a nation can do to reverse this trend, before it’s too late
• How Harry S. Truman’s upset victory over Thomas Dewey in 1948 had many parallels to the Donald Trump surprise win over Hillary Clinton
• How the mass media’s approach to news coverage has changed over the past century, and most importantly, the reasons why
• How Roger Ailes helped to shape the way our presidential campaigns are run today, long before he took control of Fox News
• How a perfect storm of business, societal and political changes paved the way for the outbreak of “fake news” during the 2016 campaign
• Why “post-truth” became Oxford Dictionaries’ word of the year for 2016
• Why many voters no longer care whether candidates are telling the truth or not, and how the candidates cater to those specific bases
• The profile of a candidate who must step forward to help stop “post-truth politics” in America, and why the candidate’s primary platform plank MUST BE to always tell the truth to the American people
• The obstacles facing this candidate, along with a plan to give this candidate a legitimate chance
• The absolute necessity for involvement in the electoral process by the more than 100 million Americans who consider themselves political independents, but many who did not vote in 2016 out of apparent disgust or apathy
If you are among the millions of Americans who are disgusted with our presidential nomination and election process, but have no idea what to do about it, “Fixing Post-Truth Politics” will tell you how we got here, and what steps a concerned populace can take. Forty percent of Americans self-identify as being independent of either the Democrat or Republican party. But they don’t vote that way.
This book describes how to find the candidate who will give voters who have passed the point of exasperation with the Democratic and Republican party political machines someone who they can feel good about voting for. And, it charts the path necessary to have a chance for victory in each of our 50 states.
Most importantly, this book presents what has happened to our country in ways not many people have realized. It is meant as an eye-opening instigator of thought and discussion to expand on the plan outlined within. I have created an online infrastructure to promote discussion of this topic among like-minded people, and hopefully begin to enact or even improve upon the strategy I propose in the book:
The book is available in paperback, and for instant download if you have a Kindle. (You can also read Kindle books on your computer or phone with the free Kindle app.) I have lowered the Kindle price as much as Kindle will allow … $2.99 plus a few cents “handling” fee.
The book will be available free on Kindle for five days beginning next Saturday as part of the “launch” strategy that Amazon/Kindle authors routinely use — if you want to wait until it is free. But what I’m asking here – if you are among the 100 million people who feel both presidential candidates were unpalatable — is for you to spend $3 on Kindle in the next day or two, read the book, and then provide a positive review IF YOU THINK ONE IS WARRANTED.
No matter what your political persuasion, there are analyses in the book that the vast majority of people are not aware of or have not considered. About 40 percent of Americans self-identify as independents, and those more than 100 million Americans effectively have no representation at the federal level.
Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this and for your consideration.